GENEVA (11 March 2016) –The UN Human Rights Office has today announced the two winners of a poster contest for children to illustrate what freedom means to them.
The competition was organized as part of a year-long campaign by the Office to mark the 50th anniversary of two core human rights treaties, the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.Read Details
When women and girls are not born with labels, why should they be labelled and teased?
Labelling and teasing, if unwelcome, may be regarded as harassment, humiliation or bullying.
UN Women’s 'Stop labelling women - freeze the tease’ initiative is a simple yet powerful one that aims to send out a message to stop labelling women with a negative, sexual or outcast status and casually write them off.
Launched on International Women’s Days, 8th March 2016, 8 Pakistani women were asked “How are you labeled?” and “Who you really are?”
The campaign, created together with Ali Gul Pir (a Pakistani entertainer, rapper, comedian and writer) and www.bensound.com, encourages women and girls to share their #LabelvsYou struggle and urges people to stop, think and end the culture of teasing and offensive labelling.
- UN Family in Pakistan expresses condolence on the sad demise of Mr Edhi
- The United Nations in Pakistan urges Government action to end “Honour Killings”
- U.S. Government Announces $21 Million in Food Assistance for Pakistan
- AUSTRALIA SUPPORTS SUSTAINABLE FORTIFICATION IN PAKISTAN
- Improved healthcare facilities at Balochistan Institute of Nephro- Urology Quetta
- UN Secretary-General statement on the Bacha Khan University attack
- UN Statement on the one-year anniversary of the attack at the APS Peshawar
- Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on earthquake in South Asia
- UNDP Administrator Helen Clark on the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- UNDP Administrator Helen Clark Statement on the Adoption of the Sustainable Development Goals
- UN lauds Pakistan stall as one of Best in World Humanitarian Summit Exhibition Fair
- UN RESIDENT COORDINATOR IN PAKISTAN, NEIL BUHNE’s pleasant visit to Kurram Agency
- Pakistani youth propel the number of global HeForShe champions to over 300,000
- UN experts urge Pakistan not to execute juveniles
- Pakistan’s Seed Industry Experts Discuss New Policy to Revive the Industry